1. Institutions and communities that want to become data providers
If you manage data about people, organizations and projects in agriculture and you want to contribute these data to AgriProfiles, contact us at email@example.com.
What is needed is a machine-readable export or online feed of your data (CSV and Json, besides VIVO RDF, are the currently accepted formats) containing at least a few essential "fields": first name, last name, country (ISO code possibly) and affiliation for people (expertise is also recommended); name and country for organizations (area of work and type of Institution are also recommended)..
We will soon publish detailed guidelines on how to provide data to AgriProfiles. In the meantime, the two following CSV templates can be used as reference:
2. Individual institutions and experts that want to be included in the AgriProfiles portal
If you don't find your institution listed in the AgriProfiles portal and you want it to be included, you can do one of the following::
- if a record about your institution is already in an existing database, you can inquire with the owners of the database and see if they would be willing to contribute their data to AgriProfiles;
- you can browse the current data sources that provide data about institutions, identify one where your institution would fit (because of geographic or thematic scope, or institution type) and have your institution registered wiht them.
If you don't find your personal profile listed in the AgriProfiles portal and you want it to be included, you can do one of the following:
- if you belong to an online community that manages people's profiles, or data about you is already in some database (your institution's HR database, an association's database etc.), you can inquire with the owners of the community / database and see if they would be willing to contribute their data to AgriProfiles, in which case they can contact us and agree on a procedure to share their data; once their data are in AgriProfiles, also your profile will be there;
- you can become a member of one of the communities that provide data to AgriProfiles.
For events, the easiest way to have your event(s) in Agriprofiles is to publish them in a platform that registered their event RSS feed with AgriFeeds (http://agrifeeds.ciard.info): see a list here.
Please note that data are not synchronized in real time with the data sources, so information that has been updated in the source may not be up to date in AgriProfiles until the source is harvested again.
Data are imported from sources at regular intervals. These intervals may be different from source to source.